ARLINGTON, Texas – A collection of your quick post-game thoughts in six words or less following the Broncos’ 24-23 loss to the Dallas Cowboys:
• DenverDouble: Positive. A work in progress.
• Josh_Moczygemba: Regardless, it’s still just preseason.
• LJjuarez: #timtebow proved he can play!!
MASON: He proved it last year, as well. I think many have forgotten that he had some solid moments as a starter, led one comeback from 16 down and another near-rally a week later. It’s not like he was Ryan Leaf or Kelly Stouffer out there.
• bertjanb: Want to see more first string
MASON: You’ll get your wish a week from Saturday.
• ProteinBarGirl: I still hate the Cowboys.
MASON: But I should let you know they dole out a darn fine pre-game dinner spread.
• Roddoliver: Cut. Nate. Jones.
MASON: Judging by the entire volume of Tweets, few appeared pleased with Mr. Jones in the game’s late stages.
• BroncosForums: Still a long way to go.
• billberger32: pressure the QB every down!!!
MASON: And if he audibles to a draw play, you’re fried.
• 303MP: Quinn has a chance this year.
• sportsindenver: D+ 3QB+
MASON: I’m assuming “D+” isn’t a grade.
• ItalianD: Orton is boring, Tebow/Quinn = win
MASON: A wise man once told me the only boring football was losing football. Having grown up near Tampa during the Bucs’ 14-season run of consecutive losing seasons from 1983-96, I would concur.
• CH2Legit2Quit: RUNNING THE BALL. QB PRESSURE. FINALLY.
MASON: The all caps seemed an appropriate, cathartic choice.
• mchristensen7: Tebow and Quinn make things happen.
MASON: That was impossible to deny, especially after Quinn got over the early three-and-outs.
• Marlon_M_9: Tebow 6-of-7, 91 yds
MASON: Of course, he did have an interception that was nullified by penalty.
• mattduw: Tebow better watch out for Quinn.
MASON: I wonder if their stints will be reversed next week, so we can learn what Quinn does against a second unit.
• Will_StL: The second-strong O-line is horrible.
MASON: It got better as the game progressed, but early in Tebow’s possessions, it was like last Saturday’s scrimmage all over again.
• logandent: Preseason.
• cgoliver: Orton can win games ….. preseason …. chartreuse #needed6words
MASON: Quoth “Weird” Al Yankovic: “This song is just six … words … long …”
• spenz0r: Pre-season as per usual OR cut Nate Jones … now
MASON: Glad to see no one’s jumping to judgment after what soccer aficionados call a “friendly.”
• IAmJordanHarris: So glad football is finally back!
MASON: I think that is a sentiment upon which we can all agree …
• DENSports27: I’m already sick of pre-season!
MASON: … or perhaps not.