INDIANAPOLIS – Live updates and more from the media room — a.k.a. a converted club-level lounge — from the Scouting Combine at Lucas Oil Stadium:
1:53 p.m. EST: Obviously, it’s been a while, since I’ve been going through the notes and quotes from John Fox’s media availability.
Two short pieces:
10:59 a.m. EST: Tweets from John Fox’s press conference:
- Fox: “The reality is Tim (Tebow) is a very good competitor and player … reality is that his position (QB) takes some time.”
- Fox, on Knowshon Moreno: “He’s had a great rehab … I see Knowshon in there just about every day. He’s coming along quite nicely.”
- Fox: “I don’t want to get into exact needs … but having a stable of running backs is important.”
- Fox says Quinn didn’t affect his chances of returning with his GQ statements.
- Fox: “Knowing Brady (Quinn) & Tim (Tebow) very well, sometimes things get lost in translation … I know their relationship is very close.”
- Fox: “We’re moving in the right direction … we have bigger steps to take.”
- Fox, asked whether defense would look different under Del Rio: “Probably … I don’t think we got to all parts of our (play) book (in 2011)”
- Fox: “We’re very comfortable with Tim (Tebow) … typically we go to camp w/ 4 QBs, we need two more.”
9:39 A.M. EST: The club lounge is starting to flood with media, but no players or NFL coaches/general managers have arrived yet. This is not surprising; the first day typically starts slowly, and officially the availability doesn’t begin until 10 a.m. EST.
For now, enjoy this slice of football-related retro cheese:
9:00 A.M. EST: Wilkommen, bienvenue, welcome and a quick run-down of what is to come:
Broncos coach John Fox will speak Thursday morning at 10:30 a.m. EST. Look for my live tweets (or just refresh this page and look at the right-hand column) and updates via CBSSports.com’s RapidReports.
Executive vice president John Elway will speak to the media Friday at 10:30 a.m. EST. Again, I’ll have live updates and longer-form updates at CBSSports.com.
The players on hand will generally speak to the media on the following days, although there will be exceptions as circumstances warrant:
- Thursday, Feb. 23: Offensive linemen, tight ends, kickers, punters and long snappers.
- Friday, Feb. 24: Wide receivers, quarterbacks, running backs.
- Saturday, Feb. 25: Defensive linemen and linebackers.
- Sunday, Feb. 26: Cornerbacks and safeties.
The room is filling up; Broncos VP Jim Saccomano noted on his Twitter feed that over 700 media credentials have been issued. I’ve managed to commandeer one of the few spots in the media room from which one can see all three podiums, so I’ll stay on top of things.